Saturday, June 22, 2013

Please Excuse Me While I Cry Like A Little Baby

So I came up with the idea for Relinquishing Liberty the last week of February. I was sitting at home with a killer migraine, and while I was waiting for it to go away my mind began to wander. Ideas kept building upon one another, and pretty soon I had a pretty good mental outline of what I wanted to write. Now, I had just planned on writing this book for fun. I didn't seriously consider self-publishing it until I was about 30,000 words in and realized it would be silly not to publish it. 

Now, after nearly 4 months, 350 pages and 99,737 words later . . . I'm done! Finito! Caput!

So what am I doing now, you ask? Well I'm sitting here enjoying a nice glass of wine while I bawl my eyes out like a little baby. I mean . . . I just wrote a friggin book! That's huge!

Now, come Monday I'm sure I'll be cursing the book as I work on rewrites, and then I'll be hiding under a rock when I send it to my beta readers. But at the end of the day, I know it was all worth it because I love the story and I loved writing it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment